January 20th hosts the Phoenix Rock n Roll marathon. Grab your friends and start your year off on the right foot with the rockin good time supporting a great cause.
What is the Marathon?
Simply put, it’s a race. But it’s also so much more than that. According to their website, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series makes running fun: “Each year, more athletes participate in Rock ‘n’ Roll running events than any other running series in the United States. What started as a simple idea in 1998 – a marathon with bands along the course celebrating each participant – soon transformed the running landscape igniting the second running boom. While entertainment and the energy of a festival weekend define the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series experience, the fact that runners have raised more than $310 million for participating charities shows our heart and soul.”
There’s live entertainment ( The Plain White T’s are playing!), kids’ zones, food, fun and of course running! You can run the full marathon, half or even a 5K if you want to. Either way, the day’s bound to be fun for all!
Information You Need:
Make sure you take a look at all the FAQs on their website, but here a few important ones we pulled!
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll events.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Just a few quick facts you gotta know before you run!
So lace up your sneaks and get ready to race! We’ll see you on Jan. 20th! And make sure you give our Facebook a follow so you can see more Phoenix events happening!